Friday, December 4, 2009

Aleksandra Krunic Picks a Mentor - Jankovic



By: Katarina Jonev
Belgrade, Dec.4, 2009 (Serbia Today) - Promising young tennis star, Aleksandra Krunic, could not have done better in choosing a mentor, when she selected Jelena Jankovic, the best professional female Serbian tennis player, to help guide her towards a successful professional career.
"I am glad that I will have the opportunity to help with my own experience in Alexandra's road to the professional tennis scene. When I entered the world of professionals, I chose Monica Seles to be my mentor. She was a worldwide famous player and my role model, so her every word and advices meant a lot to me," said Jankovic, who used to be ranked the number one tennis player number in the ATP list and now is ranked 8th the world.
Serbia star player stressed that the importance of a role model is very important in the career of young athletes who wants to become professionals.
"I hope that in this way I will continue to help develop of our tennis program. When we who are still at the top step aside, we will have successors, and that can continued to be the golden era of women's tennis in Serbia, if we put in the time now to develop the younger players," said Jankovic, who will start new season on the tournament in Sydney where she played in the finals in 2007.
Krunic entered professional tennis in 2008, at the ITF tournament in Prokuplje, where she won the double title. This year she won two ITF titles and played in one final. Krunic is currently 627th in the WTA list, and by the end of this year she will play in two more tournaments.

No comments:

Post a Comment