Monday, June 28, 2010

Ana Ivanovic: I found my true friends

Belgrade, June, 23. 2010 (Serbia Today) - One of the world’s most attractive tennis players, Ana Ivanovic, has recently come out of a rough period. During the UNICEF Open at Hertogenbosch, where she failed to qualify for the quarter-finals, Ana came to find who her true friends were during a prolonged spell of poor form on the women’s tour. Speaking in an interview for Dutch TV channel NOS, Ana revealed how she has dealt with the drop in the WTA rankings and futile attempts to rediscover her form of late. “I expect a lot from myself, and I am a perfectionist in a way. If something doesn’t go the way I planned, then it’s a big problem and it affects my mood. I think it’s important not to expect too much, to try and stay in one moment and try to work hard,” said Ivanovic, who has been struggling with form for months. “You just start losing matches you should be winning and there is no hope unless you work hard. I think everyone has to go through a rough patch like this in their careers. It’s hard, but it’s positive I can see who my real friends are now. They are those who still believe in me in these hard times,” said Ana, who reflected on the fact the media see her not only as a tennis player, but an attractive magazine cover girl. “I enjoy being photographed – you have your hair done, they do the makeup for you, dress you in nice clothes, and every girl loves that. On the other hand, it’s harder than the toughest tennis practice session,” said Ana and confirmed her focus in the future would be on tennis. It was a year ago, in the first days of the Wimbledon, that Ivanovic’s relationship with Australian golfer Adam Scott was revealed. “Ana and I share a lot. For the last year, which was very hard for me, she has been there for me, just as I have been there for her in times of trouble. I am sure this has only got us closer to each other and made us stronger,” said Adam Scott.

No comments:

Post a Comment